oTree Virtual Machine Manager¶
oTree Virtual Machine Manager helps to manage user accounts.
- Free software: MIT license
- Documentation: https://otree-virtual-machine-manager.readthedocs.io.
oTree Virtual Machine Manager is a complement to the oTree Virtual Machine Image provided by Felix Albrecht and Holger Gerhardt.
Since doing research is time-consuming enough, this tool ensures that administrators of an oTree server do not waste their time on creating fully equipped user accounts and similar tedious tasks. Everything breaks down to a single commandline interface.
Managing an oTree server with multiple experiments running parallel has never been easier.
- Create users
- Creates a fully equipped experimenter account (clear project structure, virtual environment, graphical or point-and-click solutions to many oTree-related commands, samba access).
- Back up user
- Creates a database and/or home folder backup for users upon account closure so that nothing gets lost.
- Remove user
- Removes otree-server user accounts.
- Reroutes user
- Depending on the network it might be necessary to assign the main port to a different user.
- Behind the scenes
- Handles port configuration for multiple parallel user accounts on a single virtual host.
You can find a series of tutorial videos on Youtube.
Contributions are welcome and they are greatly appreciated! Every little bit helps, and credit will always be given.